Update as of 21st May 2020 : I have been informed by my professional association that the restrictions have been eased so that I can now treat more patients (I was restricted to emergency and urgent cases only before). This isn’t a return to business as normal however.
To make this possible there are measures and policies that I’ve had to put in place to protect you, my staff, myself and the public.
To minimise the risk of coming to the clinic for a face to face treatment I have put into place a lot of changes such as, but not limited to:
- Before your visit I will contact you to assess your needs and determine if you do need to visit the clinic, or if a remote session would suffice. Different guidelines are in place for different groups – for instance those deemed to be extremely vulnerable or those that should be shielding.
- If it is decided that a visit to the clinic is required then I will ask you a series of question to assess if you are suffering from COVID-19 / upper respiratory tract symptoms, or if you have come into contact with anyone that is unwell or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Your appointment time will be staggered so that you don’t cross paths with other patients at the clinic. I will ask you to arrive on time for your appointment, rather than early, so that you don’t have to sit waiting in the clinic reception. I will also ask you, wherever possible to avoid public transport in your travels to and from the clinic. Please use the provided hand sanitiser on immediately on arrival, and before leaving the clinic.
- Between patients I will have thoroughly cleaned the treatment room as part of infection control measures.
- Soft furnishing have been removed from the treatment room to reduce the infection risk.
- I will wear appropriate PPE.
- I will also ask you to wear a mask (which can be provided if you don’t already have one).
- If you are a new patient it may be the case that we do the initial case history via video call before you come into the clinic for any treatment.
I have acted on relevant guidelines, whilst keeping in mind the crucial directive of protecting the health and safety of my patients and staff. With these measures in place I am confident that I will be able to minimise the risks for you visiting the clinic. I can’t promise to remove 100% of the risk, and as part of the new guidelines I will ask you to sign a consent form saying you understand the risks (which we will discuss) associated with visiting the clinic vs the benefits.
For more information in my COVID policy, please visit here
Philip is an Osteopath and Cranial Osteopath and has worked in Chelsea for over 30 years. In attendance at Chelsea Natural Health on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and alternate Saturdays. Philip has maintained his interest in a wide variety of osteopathic and cranial osteopathic techniques. Philip also uses dry needling acupuncture technique to aid his work as an Osteopath. He continues to work extensively with Cranial Osteopathy and is a Fellow of the Sutherland Cranial College, treating adults, babies, infants and children for a variety of complaints and conditions. He also uses the technique in his general practice, treating all manner of problems from posture related back pain, to sports injuries and more general health problems. Philip also has a special interest in the treatment of migraines.
Philip is also co-founder and director of Chelsea Natural Health Clinic, which in one form or another has been providing excellence in healthcare in Chelsea for over 30 years. Chelsea Natural Health is based at 208 Fulham Road, SW10 and is conveniently located close to The Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, on the border of SW10, SW3, SW7, SW6 and SW5.
Philip also works in Brighton and Hove, BN3, East Sussex.
Philip is recognised by many insurance companies, including but not limited to the following :-
AXA PPP, BUPA, Exeter Friendly, Prudential, SimplyHealth and Vitality Health.